The SkyView 200 Aerostat system is an ideal airborne persistent surveillance system. Its flexibility in deployment and scalability ensures that it can meet most mission requirements.
The SkyView 200 Aerostat system is modular in nature and allows users to configure the system to meet their specific requirements. The modularity also allows components to be interchanged between most communications systems, reducing the Total Cost of Ownership of the System.
The SkyView 200 Aerostat system is designed to be a tactical first response system. The system can be deployed within 45 minutes and provides immediate access to high-quality live video for superior situational awareness and resource coordination
- Right combination of capabilities, including thermal detectors and ease of deployment
- Ideal for missions requiring extended deployment periods for day and night operations
- Relatively small operation foot print and can be deployed from mobile or stationery platforms including ships
- Supports communication relay based applications
- Low training requirements
- Minimal maintenance required
SkyView 200 Balloon Specifications
|Balloon||14 foot Dual Layer Helium Balloon|
|Tether||100 m Powered Tether|
It consists of interwoven strands of a proprietary material and has a 3000 lb/sqin break point. It provides power to the Payload and also relays the images and videos
|Winch||The system is launched and recovered by means of a battery powered electric winch cum guide|
|Safety Device||The Balloon is equipped with a GPS and barometric safety device, which initiates a controlled deflation in case the balloon breaks free from the tether.|
|Lift Gas*||The Sky View Aerostat uses Helium to generate lift. The quantity of Helium required depends on the size of the balloon.|
*Please note Aurora does not supply Helium with the Balloon. If required, we can provide a list of Helium suppliers.
Gyro stabilized turret augmented with a Vision Processing System allows the operator to zoom into objects/scene (with possible detection and identification) at distances of the order of a kilometre without any motion disturbance.
- Rotation limits: continuous pan, +23° / -203° tilt
- 200°/sec slew rate
- 0.05° pointing resolution
Daylight Electro-optical Camera
- Resolution: 380K pixels (NTSC)
- Optical Zoom: 20.8x
- Field of View: 52° to 2.5°
- Resolution: 324 x 256 pixels
- Field of View: 20° (35mm lens)
- Digital Zoom: 2 x
- Live view and playback mode simultaneously available at GCS
- SkyView 200 Brochure (pdf) – 1.25 MB download